We all know it can be quite a daunting and time-consuming task to brew your cup of coffee. Before that, there is even the problem of what machine might work and what additive to use. Also, spending on Starbucks daily might not be economical and budget-friendly for everyone. This is where espresso K-cups come in.
Thanks to K-cups, you don’t need to worry about your espresso taking time to make. K-cups are simply pods that have pre-ground coffee inside. All you need is a compatible brewing machine, and you’re good to go. There is also a K-cup for everyone, be it decaf or 100% Arabica coffee for those who need energy on the go.
With so many products in the market, we have taken our time to craft a list of the best ten espresso K-cups. Before we do that, let us have a look at what determines which espresso K-cups to buy.
What To Look Out For When Buying An Espresso K Cup
Although many people would agree that it is cheaper to process your coffee at home rather than frequent stops at your local Starbucks, you should still go easy when buying espresso K-cups.
Some espresso K-cups could seem overpriced, while some are on the more affordable side. The price could depend on factors such as brand name and the purity of the coffee beans used.
With so many brands out there, the options are endless. Be sure to make your findings, get prices from different vendors, and buy in bulk or discount stores for a better deal.
Flavour is of the utmost importance when it comes to coffee. The primary flavors of the coffee present are classified as salty, bitter, sweet, and acidic. You should be able to get some samples to taste to determine which works best for you.
Between light-roasted coffee, medium-roasted coffee, and dark-roasted coffee, you should know which blend suits you by now. For people who are caffeine intolerant, 100% Arabica coffee might not be your best bet. On the other hand, people looking for some energy to start the day would appreciate unfiltered, brewed, and blended coffee.
The espresso k-cup you order must be compatible with the brewing system/machine that you have. Some products like the Starbucks Verismo Espresso K-Cup Roast only work with the Starbucks Verismo system, while other work with specific Keurig machines.
Find out which works best, so you don’t purchase an espresso pack only to find out that the machine you have will not brew it.
Knowing what factors to consider in pricing and blend, you are probably on your way to your local Walmart to grab some espresso K-cups. Here is our pick for the top ten espresso k cups worth a try without wasting further time.
San Francisco Bay Espresso Roast OneCup K Cup
We are looking for a trusted name brand when it comes to coffee? The San Francisco Bay Espresso Roast K-Cup comes highly recommended and takes first place on our list.
This product can be brewed as regular coffee and is compatible with several Keurig K-cup brewers and other brewer brand names like Cuisinart.
The San Francisco Bay Espresso Roast can be used in other espresso-based drinks like mochas and cappuccinos. It is also decaffeinated for people who cannot stand the taste of caffeine.
- 1. Compatible with various Keurig K-cup 1.0, 2.0, and other brewer machines like Cuisinart.
- 2. Can be used for other espresso-based drinks.
- 3. May be brewed as a regular coffee.
- 4. Eco-friendly and family-run company.
- 1. Decaf can be tasted.
- 2. Coffee might be too intense for some consumers.
- 3, There is usually a film made on the top of the coffee mug.
Cafe Bustelo Espresso Style K-Cup Pods
Our next pick on this list is renowned for its fast brewing time of less than a minute. It packs a great flavor even with additives like milk and sugar.
As the first product on this list, the Cafe Bustelo espresso k-cup pods are compatible with Keurig K-Cup brewers. Most coffee lovers have also testified to its bold and robust flavor.
- 1. Brews in less than a minute.
- 2. Robust and bold flavor, even without milk or sugar.
- 3. Can be brewed with Keurig brewers.
- 1. Taste is not as strong as espresso.
- 2. Brewing usually clogs the Keurig machine requiring intense cleaning.
Starbucks Verismo Espresso K-Cup Roast
Starbucks is already a household name with a rich product offering, and they have not left espresso K-cups out of it.
The coffee here is dark-roasted with an excellent caramel flavor that goes with almost any type of milk you add. It comes packed in six boxes with twelve different flavors.
The only downside is that the Starbucks Verismo machine can only brew this Starbucks product. Non-verismo machines are a no-no when it comes to this product.
- 1. Excellent for making lattes.
- 2. High-quality espresso can be brewed quickly.
- 3. Ships with six boxes of twelve Starbucks dark roasts in each.
- 4. Blends well with milk while forming a crema on the surface.
- 1. Compatible only with Starbucks Verismo machine.
- 2. Dark roasts have a somewhat burnt flavor.
Caribou Coffee Keurig Espresso K-Cup
This product comes with many positive reviews for its great flavor, especially the caramel variant. The product in question is compatible with K-Cafe, K-Latte, and Keurig brewers.
If you would like to try more exotic and diverse flavors, the Caribou Coffee Keurig Espresso Variety Sampler Pack would be a great option.
- 1. Great choice for those who love light-roasted coffee.
- 2. Decaffeinated
- 3. Affordable price.
- 1. It has a mild flavor which some people dislike.
- 2. Too sweet for an espresso drink.
Brooklyn Beans Express O-Coffee Pods
If dark-roasted coffee is your thing, then you should consider adding this product to your shopping list. Made with 100% Arabica coffee, expect nothing short of a bold and strong taste.
Due to 100% Arabica beans, freshly brewed and filtered, expect a very high caffeine content. If you are caffeine intolerant, then you should steer clear of this product.
- 1. Great for those who need a quick jolt of energy.
- 2. Quality of coffee beans used is top-notch.
- 1. Not suitable for those who are not caffeine intolerant.
- 2. Not available in mild tastes.
Gevalia Cappucino K-Cup Pods and Froth Packets
The base of this K-Cup is espresso, and you can make an excellent cappuccino, though there is another variant that allows you to make a latte.
There is a froth packet with it, so you make only the best cappuccinos, just like a barista does. The froth is made from natural milk, while 100% unadulterated Arabica beans are used in production.
This product is free of cholesterol while packing 91 calories. Quite on the high side, I must say.
- 1. Made with unadulterated, brewed, and blended 100% Arabica beans.
- 2. Free of cholesterol
- 3. Froth packets with natural milk to improve the taste.
- 4. Brews quickly
- 1. Calories are on the high side.
- 2. Feels overpriced
- 3. Packaging could be a lot better.
Lavazza Espresso Classico Keurig Rivo
The Italians pride themselves on top-tier coffee, and this product is proof of that. A perfect balance between light and dark-roasted, there is just the right amount of everything. Bitterness, sweetness, and subtle fruits make this a must for any coffee enthusiast visiting Italy.
There are also flavors to choose from, namely Decaf, Classico, Delicato, and Intenso. However, you can only obtain that much-desired flavor using the Rivo machine from Keurig. Lazatto’s espresso K-cup offering is not compatible with other appliances such as Cuisinart.
The customer reviews on this product will convince you better. Nearly everyone who has tasted this Italian-made coffee has said that this is all they drink right now!
- 1. Perfect balance of flavors
- 2. Available in different flavors
- 3. Awesome choice for those who love Italian espresso
- 1. It is only compatible with the Rivo system.
Keurig Espresso Roast Variety Sampler Pack
This set ships with twenty-four packs comprising four flavors to choose from, including Green Mountain Vanilla, Caribou Caramel, Caribou Real Inspiration Blend, and the Green Mountain Vista 44N.
The Keurig Espresso Roast Sampler Pack can be brewed with K-Cafe, K-Latte, and Keurig machines. Although the flavors are not so strong to give you that much-needed energy boost, they still satisfy coffee lovers with a taste for caramel and other great flavors.
- 1. Great variety of flavors to pick
- 2. Works optimally when K-cafe and K-latte brewers are used.
- 3. Great to use as a gift set for your loved ones who drink coffee.
- 1. Flavours are not so intense for those who love coffee with a strong aroma.
Barista Prima Espresso K-Cup
Another Italian-made espresso K-Cup finds its way to this list at number eight. The Italians love their coffee, and as the first product, this is no exception. Thanks to its dark-roasted coffee beans, you can expect a full-bodied and well-flavored cup of coffee.
This espresso k-cup has subtle chocolate undertones, with a great aftertaste that does not remind you of burnt coffee beans. Asides from all the goodness in its taste, you can brew your coffee using Keurig K-cup brewers, including the Keurig 2.0.
- 1. Excellent for those who love dark-roast coffee.
- 2. Great taste, flavor, and aroma.
- 3. Compatible with all Keurig K-cup brewers.
- 1. Price might be on the high side for some.
- 2. Taste and aroma may appeal to everyone.
GloryBrew Espresso k-Cups
We have featured one of the best products on the market that combines affordability with flavor, boldness, and aroma to end this list. Made from the freshest selection of Arabica beans grown in South America, I present the GloryBrew Espresso k-cup.
With a Rainforest Alliance certification, the pods are compostable since they are made from renewable materials in nature. Any downsides with this product? These k-cups are not made for espresso and do not produce as much crema as some would like in coffee.
- 1. Fully compatible with Keurig brewer machines, including Keurig1.0 and 2.0.
- 2. Great flavor and taste.
- 1. Quite pricey
- 2. Not suitable for caffeine-intolerant
There are many products out there, but we got you a list with light-roast, medium-roast, and dark-roast to cover all bases. Getting that energy needed for the day should not cost too much with all the variety in this list. There’s always a K-cup for everyone, and we hope you find which suits you best.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many milligrams of caffeinated coffee should I take?
The recommended daily intake for adults is 400 milligrams or four cups of brewed coffee. This is so that those who prefer caffeinated espresso k-cups know how much to avoid problems like insomnia, anxiety, and heart palpitations.
2. Are milk and sugar the only additives I can put in my espresso K-cup brewed coffee?
There are a lot of ways to spice your coffee asides from milk and sugar. You could use salt, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, maple syrup, and nutmeg, among a host of others. Some of these additions can help eliminate bitterness, increase coffee’s nutritional profile, and improve bodily health overall.