If you landed here, you surely want to research the differences, pros, and cons of the Ninja Coffee Bar Vs Keurig K Cafe. So, let us find out if the pod-based brand, Keurig, or the pod-less brand, Ninja, better tailors to your coffee desires and lifestyle.
Ninja Coffee Bar
This household appliance manufacturer first entered the United States in 1996. Shark Ninja Operating LLC develops various products, including the today mentioned coffee machines. These machines feast their owners with versatility. The manufacturer offers products that help clients limit the number of appliances required to obtain an in-house brewing system.
Ninja machines offer up to four brewing options, from your classic morning cup, rich flavor, iced delights, and specialty cup. Also, some machines feature the Café Forte bonus.
But, it is necessary to discuss them in further detail:
- Classic: This is a classic, simple and straightforward coffee, that you can obtain, and it is quite similar to the one from a top drip machine.
- Rich: This is one step closer to the specialty coffee assortment. It is suitable for cream or milk, and the coffee taste is still strong.
- -Iced: This is where versatility intervenes. The machine allows you to brew a strong, hot coffee to be poured over ice.
- Specialty: The specialty is a concentrate of coffee. It is not an espresso! So, it is not recommended simply for shots, but specialty beverages, such as lattes, or cappuccinos.
- Cafe forte: This is a drink that you should serve black. The café forte feature tries to underline the specific flavors of your preferred grounds. Moreover, it is one feature that should not be overlooked by genuine coffee elitists.
- 43 oz. Glass Carafe
- Warmer Plate Assembly
- Brew Chamber with Drip Stop
Keurig K Cafe
Keurig merged with Dr. Pepper in 2018, creating the third most powerful machine branch in America. With more than 50 different models, this manufacturer specializes in pod-based serving machines. Simple and efficient, these devices can brew in a very short time.
Let’s see what we can expect from the Keurig K Cafe:
- User-friendly: The Keurigs have many firsts considering coffee machines. This model is simple to use, which is a part of the desirability. It heats the water in the water reservoir, it is then pushed through the pod, and coffee pours in your cup. With the Keurig K Cafe, you can make the classic coffee, cappuccinos, lattes, and specialty beverages, like iced or hot lattes and cappuccinos.
- Fast brewing system: The model comes with a very fast brewing system, that allows your coffee to be ready in one minute or even less.
- Pod-based machines: Keurig K Cafe is exclusively suitable for its brand: the K-pods.
- It can be disassembled: This brand highlights its low-maintenance features. This is why they have added the removable water reservoir and drip tray.
- Auto-off: One valued feature of the machine is the safety and power-saving one (after 2 hours it will turn off). Also, the powering off of the machine can be programmed by the owner.
- COFFEE, LATTES & CAPPUCCINOS: Use any K-Cup pod to brew...
- SIMPLE BUTTON CONTROLS: Just insert any K-Cup pod and...
- LARGE 60oz WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 6 cups...
Differences and Similarities Explained
Keeping in mind our Ninja Coffee Bar Vs. Keurig K Cafe theme, let’s see which are the differences and similarities between these machines:
Method of Brewing
- Keurig K Cafe: Keurig K Café features its brand pods. Nevertheless, they do have models that are compatible with reusable filters.
- Ninja: These machines only use ground beans. They are pod-less. This means that owners can only traditionally make coffee, through the dripping fashion.
- Keurig K Cafe: These machines are quite small. They do not occupy much space in your kitchen, and they will do just fine if you have a smaller counter space. Also, this feature makes them more movable and portable. They are easy, so they can be hand-held and carried in various places, such as one floor to others. Unfortunately, the K Café model is on the larger side of Keurigs, with 12.5 inches (31.75 cm) tall and 15.3 inches (38.86 cm) wide.
- The Ninja: These machines are quite heavy, at 15 inches (38.1 cm) tall, 11 inches (27.94 cm) deep, and 16 inches (40.64 cm) wide. Given this size, they cannot be moved with ease, and they take up much space on the kitchen counter. You might want to consider and designate a place for the coffee maker, before buying it.
- Keurig K Cafe: The Keurig K Café model comes with a milk frother that can be used with almond, skim or soy milk.
- Ninja Coffee Bar: The machine includes a milk frother.
The capacity of the Water Tank
- Keurig K Cafe: With Keurig, the water tank capacity is quite notable. With this machine, you could serve a larger number of people, without refilling the reservoir. Of course, this saves time between preparations. The K Café model can hold 60 ounces of water.
- In contrast, our next presented model holds less amount of water. Nevertheless, the difference between these models is quite modest. The water tank here has a capacity of 50 ounces.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Keurig K Café: Being a pod-based model, the K Café is quite easy to clean up. Simply remove the pod, without any mess. Also, the drip tray can be removed and cleaned manually, or in the dishwasher. So, simply empty the coffee pod, and wipe the machine with a damp cloth.
- This machine will take a little more effort. You have to clean the coffee powder falling on the counter, and also remove the coffee residue in the filter. All these, without even mentioning that you have to clean the exterior and the filter.
Types of coffee you can make
- Keurig K Cafe: The brand offers also tea, hot chocolate, or plain hot water. You can prepare a classic or strong coffee. And although the K Cafe does not utilize ice, it comes with a milk frother. Also, besides your regular cup, you can produce lattes and cappuccinos.
- This model only makes your drink, the traditional dripping way. On the other hand, it comes packed with the advantage of iced coffee.
Pros and Cons
After a detailed comparison between the specs and features of these models, a pro and con list is in order. The future possible owners of one of these coffee makers should have a detailed view of each model. Also, it is necessary to know what advantages and disadvantages you bring into your home, by choosing one machine over the other. So, let’s take a look at the following list.
Pros and Cons of Using K-Pods
Those who are unfamiliar with this type of brewing system may need extra information about pods, and pod-based coffee makers, like the Keurigs. Let’s see what are the advantages and disadvantages of choosing the pod-based model.
Ninja Coffee Bar Vs Keurig K Cafe – Final Thoughts
After reading all this, you may still ask yourself which model is better, or which model to choose.
The bottom line is that the choice is yours because you now know which coffee maker suits your needs best.
The Ninja allows you to choose your coffee and prepares it in the traditional dripping way. Those who have a little time in the morning to prepare it, to clean the leftovers when necessary, may go with this model.
The Keurig K Cafe is more appropriate who need single serves, for those who wish to prepare the beverage in a quite short amount of time, and even for those who do not have much time in the morning. The fast brewing, ease of use, larger water tank allows you to serve your morning coffee in a jiffy.