If you are looking for a different coffee experience, you have to try Dark Matter Coffee. They have a different approach when it comes to their coffee blends. The coffee beans are being fermented and aged in barrels that used for rum or cognac. They like to experiment with the coffee beans and it results in a unique and tasty blend.
Dark Matter Coffee Shop
All their coffee shop branches are all located in Chicago, IL. One of their locations known as the Dark Matter Coffee. The Mothership, Roastery and Espresso Bar in 738 N Western Ave. This is where you can find an artistic place. You can smell the strong but pleasant odor of coffee. Their walls decorated with weird yet wonderful art. You can also hear great music playing. Even their tables are all covered with graffiti from some artists.
During the busy times of the day, you may not get an available seat. So if you are planning to visit, you can try your luck when it’s not yet crowded. You can enjoy your coffee on a patio outside if the weather is good. But you can enjoy the mesmerizing art inside the shop. So it’s best to pay a visit to any of their locations early in the morning as they opened. They open from 6 AM to 5 PM daily.
The Single Origin Coffee
For obvious reasons, these original coffee blends named after the four elements. It also symbolizes the world of cleanliness and purity.
- The coffee beans soaked in ocean water. It has jellyfish art on it’s packaging as well.
- You can see a flamingo in the packaging. It’s made of ripe coffee beans and rested with its natural sugar and honey.
- The shamanic jaguar represents this coffee blend. Fuego means fire so it’s roasted and transformed.
- Earth is what Tierra is all about that is being represented by a spider monkey. The coffee cherries encapsulated by mother Earth.
This is what makes the Dark Matter Coffee unique. Their barrel-aged coffee is very intriguing. You can give it all a try and see if it will fill in your curiosity. They also serve these coffee blends from their coffee bars and shops. It can be another way to enjoy your coffee at another level. If you want to taste these barrel-aged coffee beans, it’s best to have it from one of their locations. They can teach you the best way to brew the coffee beans according to each kind.
Here are your choices:
- CH Distillery Bourbon
- Half Acre Orin Elijah Craig
- Half Acre Orin Port
- Half Acre Orin VSOP Cognac
Other Coffee Blends
- Unicorn Blood – Espresso Blend
- This is the most popular blend in the Mothership location. It may be because of its very intriguing name. Not to mention the unicorn drawing that you can see from the packaging.
- Giant Steps – Dark Roast
- Since some people like to have their coffee dark roasted, this is their answer to your needs.
- A Love Supreme
- It’s their house blend. If it’s your first time trying these coffee beans, better try this before the other blends.
- Mad West
- It has the raging bull as a packaging design. You can’t stop yourself from getting intrigued by this blend.
- ¡Sin Cafeína! (Decaf)
- Some like their coffee in decaf. So it’s your type of blend if you want it decaffeinated.
- Get The F*ck Out of Bed
- It looks and sounds like the best coffee blend for your sleepy mornings.
- Coffee Cold Cans
- It’s a coffee on the go so that you can grab and sip your coffee as you walk.
- Charlie Benante’s Schism Blend
- Try this blend to feel the controversy from the coffee beans.
- Charlie Benante’s The Devil You Know
- Another intriguing blend that you don’t want to miss out.
- Roaster’s Choice Bean Flight
- There are four different colored logos. choose which one that will suit you best.
Other Shop Locations
[su_note note_color=”#FFFF66″ text_color=”#333333″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]
1. Dark Matter Coffee – Caravanserai – 2901 W. Belmont Ave
They usually open from 7 AM to 5 PM daily.
2. Dark Matter Coffee – Chocolate City Coffee Palace & Bodega – 2015 West Grand
From Mondays to Fridays, they are open from 7 AM to 2 PM. On Saturdays and Sundays from 8 AM to 2 PM.
3. Electric Mud Coffee Bar – 1856 N Western Ave
Opens between 7 AM to 5 PM every day.
4. Meddle Coffee Bar – 601 West Jackson Blvd
Open from Mondays to Fridays from 7 AM to 2 PM. for Saturdays and Sundays from 8 AM to 2 PM.
5. Star Lounge Coffee Bar – 2521 W Chicago Ave.
Opens from 7 AM to 5 PM daily.
6. Osmium Coffee Bar – 1117 W Belmont Ave.
Opening times from 7 AM to 5 PM every day.
7. Mad West – United Center Atrium 1901 W. Madison St. Chicago
Unfortunately, this shop is currently closed. No information as of the moment when they will be open.
But if you are living in another state, don’t worry. You will still be able to taste these unique coffee blends from ordering from their website. You can send them an email with their contact form so that you can order the coffee beans that you would like to get. Some grocers are selling their coffee beans. So you can check their website for further information.
The Dark Matter Coffee can be the solution with your coffee cravings. Which you are not getting it from the usual coffee shops. They have a unique way of processing coffee beans. You may be more satisfied with their concoctions. Also, their packaging is so artistic. You might even want to display them to add a more artistic touch when you have your morning coffee. You can taste the difference in every coffee blends. They are pretty serious about how each of them ends up. So try them to taste the difference.